Proper Case Study
Proper came to us wanting to bring more life to their old website. It was a bootstrapped project from when Proper first opened its doors. Angela, Proper's proprietor, wanted to give the new site some personality while achieving her business goals. Being raised in the south, she holds a strong sense of home and family. She told us that Proper was started as a homage to not only homestyle, southern cooking, but as a way to honor her ancestors.
In combing the user interface with Angela's business goals, we worked to build a website that brings in more customers, allows them to order select items through the website, and to convey not only the physical history, but also the emotional history of Proper. How it is an homage to her upbringing around the table and in the kitchen. Cooking with parents and grandparents to feed both the body and soul.
• Increase in audience size: 36.85%
• Increase in visits from search engines: 61.46%
• Increase in mobile use: 61.41%
• Increase in traffic from referrals: 5.14%
• #19 of 103 local restaurants on Trip Advisor
• #4 of 158 local restaurants on Yelp